New York Fashion Week
Cynthia Rowley NYFW2020
Hair Design by Moroccanoil Artistic Director Kevin Hughes
INSPIRATION: “Frilly dresses over t-shirts, exaggerated proportions, a collage of spicy colors and textures; it was all about embracing the unexpected as a source of inspiration for all that we do,” said Kevin Hughes, Moroccanoil Artistic Director. “The undone waves paired with an oversized bow provided the perfect complement to the runway looks, whether it was. dainty dress or a sweat suit for the streets.”
Photo Credit: Caroline Fiss
GET THE LOOK:
- On damp hair, use a dime size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment –or Moroccanoil Treatment Light for finer tones— to provide the perfect foundation for styling.
- Next, apply Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to mid lengths to ends of the hair.
- Spray Moroccanoil Perfect Defense throughout the hair to protect before heat styling, then blow dry using Moroccanoil Professional Tourmaline Ceramic Dryer.
- While blowing the hair dry, create a sweeping, deep side or center part using Moroccanoil 25 MM Ceramic Round Brush.
- Once dry, use the Moroccanoil Professional Series Titanium Iron to create undone, disheveled waves with straight ends and little-to-no lift throughout the hair.
- After creating the waves, spray Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray in every section of the hair and comb through with fingertips.
- Finish the look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong to hold the waves and side swept bangs.
- DESIGN TIPS: Secure the deep side swept part by placing a large black bow dramatically low on the right side of the head. For additional styling, place four smaller bows in a linear fashion on the right side of the head.
Find Kevin Hughes: Instagram @hairbyeleven
Where to buy: Moroccanoil.com