January 25, 2020 (Long Beach, CA) – The Professional Beauty Association (PBA), is excited to announce the winners of the 31st annual North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA), the beauty industry’s most prestigious photographic competition.
The esteemed event was held Saturday, January 25th at the Long Beach Convention Center during ISSE, for the second time in the show’s 31-year history. NAHA celebrates the industry’s leading talent and features 16 categories of excellence across hair, makeup, and nail artistry, including the coveted Hairstylist of the Year Award and the new #NAHAMoment award. NAHA 2020 featured artistic presentations by Aveda, Olivia Garden, Amika, and Julie Vriesinga.
In addition to the awards ceremony, NAHA 2020 included a red-carpet reception welcoming NAHA finalists, previous NAHA winners, industry icons, leading beauty influencers, and celebrities to the show, including Fox News’ Amanda Salas, Candy Shaw, Ryan Weeden, Zach Mesquit, Philip Wolff, Alfredo Lewis, Matty Conrad, Nicholas French, and more.
CHERYL GUSHUE INTERVIEWS FINALISTS ON THE RED CARPET:
Damian Carney & Genia Church
Jose Luis Buitron
Winners of the 2020 NAHA Awards include:
- Master Hairstylist of the Year | Julie Vriesinga | London, ON
- Hairstylist of the Year | Silas Tsang | Ottawa, ON
- Team of the Year | Salon by Instyle Design Team | Plano, TX
- Editorial/Session Stylist of the Year | Lucie Doughty | Los Angeles, CA
- Hair Color | Chrystofer Benson | Ogden, UT
- Haircutting | Yuki Yasui | New York, NY
- Avant Garde | Rodrigo Araneda | Montreal, QC
- Texture | Norm Wright | Toronto, ON
- Styling and Finishing | Michelle O’Connor | Hollywood, FL
- Makeup Artist of the Year | Katie Nash | Wichita, KS
- Men’s Hairstylist of the Year | Ammon Carver | Chicago, IL
- Nail Professional of the Year | Cassandra Clark | Aubrey, TX
- Newcomer Stylist of the Year | Cassie Carey | Brooklyn, NY
- Student Hairstylist of the Year | Dorothy Greene | Columbus, OH
- Salon/School Design of the Year | TONI&GUY Galleria | Addison, TX
- NAHAMoment | Erica Reynolds Keelen | Jacksonville, FL
January, 1, 2020
The 31st annual North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA) is back during the International Salon and Spa Expo (ISSE) show on January 25, 2020. The top of the line hair and beauty competition will be kicking off with a red carpet reception from 6-8 P.M., followed by the awards ceremony from 8-10:30 P.M. at the Long Beach Convention Center Terrace Theater in California.
If you can’t make it to the show you can watch on the live feed at www.nahalive.com. For more information visit probeauty.org/naha.