New York Fashion Week
Lela Rose NYFW2020
Hair Design by Moroccanoil Artistic Director Kevin Hughes
INSPIRATION: The collection was inspired by florals, specifically the New York City flower markets where everything is rich with color and bustle and rare beauty. “We wanted to create soft and sophisticated feminine subtle waves to play off of the vibrant hues and stunning gowns from the collection,” said Kevin Hughes, Moroccanoil Artistic Director.
Photo Credit: Caroline Fiss
GET THE LOOK:
- On damp hair, use a dime size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment Light, followed by Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream throughout—to provide the perfect foundation for styling.
- Spray Moroccanoil Perfect Defense throughout the hair to protect it before heat styling and let the hair rest for 1-2 minutes as the product dries.
- Then part the hair down the center and blow dry hair smooth with a slight bend at the end using the Moroccanoil 55 MM Ceramic Round Brush and Moroccanoil Power Performance Ionic Hair Dryer.
- Next, spray Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong on the front portion of the hair and directionally blow dry front pieces to hold behind the ears.
- To create subtle bends throughout the back of the hair, use the Moroccanoil Iron.
- Add Moroccanoil Mending Infusion to mid lengths to ends of the hair and finish the look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong to maintain the sleek, behind-the-ear look.
- DESIGN TIP: For a more defined and fun look, add bobby pins or barrettes to one or both front sides of the hair.
Find Kevin Hughes: Instagram @hairbyeleven
Where to buy: Moroccanoil.com